Adaptive Control Experiments and Flight Tests (ACEFiT)
E. Yamaguchi1, A. AlShareef1, A. Goel2, S. Ravela1, and D. Bernstein2
1: Earth Signals and Systems Group, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
2: Department of Aerospace Engineering, University of Michigan
Important: Refer to dropbox for system log.
Summary: Several flights with ApparenticsSTS rewired with PX4/RFD900 in nominal configuration. Hold and stabilize turns. Other flights for boundary fence flying.
Flight Window is narrow!
Issues and comments
- Comms Lost due to data/RC channel conflict
- Rudder broke
- Wings separated on load producing mid fuselage gap.
- Airspeed sensor not reliable
- GPS works great!
- Landing Gear is a champ!
- Not enough control authority -- replace elevator servo
- Deploy RCAC next, in aided mode before full auto.